Morel Mushroom Sauce 
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 cups small gray morels or larger morels cut into slices no more than 1 inch long
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
- 1/2 Tbs. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- In a 12" non-stick skillet, heat the butter over a med-high heat until foaming.
- Add the morels and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 min. until slightly crispy.
- Add the onion tops, parsley, nutmeg, pepper and salt and cook for a few minutes
- Turn heat to higher and wine and reduce to almost a glaze
- Turn heat to med. and add the cream and mustard. Reduce slightly over slow boil until thickened- about 10-12 min.
Recipe for 4 persons. To make these really grand dishes, add 20-24 nice-sized boiled shrimp to sauce before servin
Grandmother's Morel Recipe 
- A batch of morels
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Bacon grease
- Halve, clean and soak the morels then leave overnight in salt water with a heavy plate weighing them down in the water
- Rinse the morels well and drain before cooking
- In a wide shallow bowl mix the egg and milk
- In a thick paper bag mix the cornmeal and pepper
- In a deep well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, melt the bacon grease 1" deep. Get it good and hot but not smoking.
- Now dip your mushrooms in the milk and let them soak a little while your grease is heating.
- Pick a handful out of the bowl and shake them a little to get off some of the liquid excess then drop them in the bag of cornmeal.
- Hold your hand on the bottom of the bag so it doesn't break, and gently shake.
- Add more mushrooms, shaking gently after each addition. When they are all coated very well, start laying them in a single layer in the hot skillet.
- Try to only turn them once, that way your coating stays on better.
- Don't salt, bacon grease is salty. When golden, drain on paper.
Being lazy, I gently dump the coated morels in a colander set in a larger bowl. This lets the loose stuff fall off and if you need to touch up any bare spots your coating is right there.