From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee (dry)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper; grease.
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs and press into bottom of pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions; spread over crumbs.
- Bake until firm, approximately 35 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack; cook completely and remove from pan.
Meanwhile, prepare frosting:
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together over simmering water until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; using electric mixer, beat until cooled.
- Add butter one nugget at a time while continuing to beat.
- Dissolve espresso in 2 tablespoons warm water.
- Beat espresso into frosting.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
- Snip small corner of a resealable plastic bag; place whipped cream inside.
- Pipe 3 rosettes around outside edges of cake.
- Place a chocolate heart atop each rosette.
- Place 8 chocolate hearts in a small resealable plastic bag.
- Microwave until melted, about 15 seconds.
- Cut a corner of the bag; randomly drizzle chocolate on dessert plates.
- Place a cake wedge on each plate.