From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
For all of you lazy Americans (that includes most of us) who would like to make your own applesauce, but without having to do much work, this recipe is for you.
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 1/2 cups apple jelly
- 1/4 cup Grade B Amber maple syrup (Grade A Dark Amber would be okay too)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe container. Cover, leaving 1 corner open, and microwave on high 7-8 minutes or until apples are easy to mash.
- Remove cinnamon stick and discard. For a chunky sauce, use a potato masher. For a slightly smoother sauce, use a hand mixer. For a smooth pureé, use an immersion blender.