From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Menemen is a Turkish dish of eggs with onion, green pepper and tomato. It can be served as a breakfast or luncheon dish.
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions
- 2 green peppers
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onions and peppers in medium dice and sauté in the olive oil until tender.
- Prepare a concassée of tomatoes by blanching, peeling, seeding and dicing the tomatoes. Add to the peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley (chopped) and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Beat the eggs and pour over the mixture in the pan. Stir until cooked.
- Serve with Turkish bread.
- Red peppers may also be used, alone or in combination with green, yellow or orange ones.
- A crisp baguette is a good substitute.