Cookbook:Memphis-Style BBQ Ribs
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is sort of our classic BBQ ribs.
- 1 slab pork spareribs
- 6 tbsp Rib Rub
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- Hickory chunks
- Season spareribs with rib rub.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place chunks in smoker or charcoal grill set for indirect heat at 250°.
- Combine liquid ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce liquid by 1/3.
- Place spareribs into smoker or grill for 4-5 hours, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Brush remaining sauce on top of ribs and place on a medium high grill until browned.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and carve.