From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- One 4 1/2-pound (2.5kg) pork shoulder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 12 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Wash the pork shoulder.
- Skin side down with a sharp knife make incisions in different places of the pork shoulder.
- Grind together the garlic, pepper, oregano, and salt
- When done grinding add in oil and vinegar and mix well.
- Fill the incisions of the pork.
- What ever is left over rub on the outside of the pork.
- Put away in the refrigerator for 3 day.
- If you planned to cook it the same day, prepare the pork at least 1 hour ahead of time.
- Remove the pork shoulder from the refrigerator 2 hours before putting it in the oven.
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF (180°C) for at least 10 minutes before you begin cooking the pork shoulder.
- Cook the pork for 3 1/2 hours.
- Raise the temperature to 375°F (195°C) and cook for 15 to 30 minutes until the skin is toasted and browned.