From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 pack (1.5 - 2 lbs.) ox tail
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup anato seeds for coloring
- 3 pcs eggplants
- 1 lb string beans
- 1 banana blossom
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup ground peanuts
- 1 cup toasted ground rice
- Boil the ox tail in water until tender.
- Soak anato seeds in 1/2 cup water, set aside. Rub the seeds if necessary to bring out color.
- Cut string beans in 3-in lengths.
- Cut eggplants diagonally, .5-in thick.
- Cut banana blossoms diagonally, .5-in. thick.
- Parboil string beans, eggplants and banana blossoms, set aside.
- Saute garlic and onions in cooking oil.
- Take out the anato seeds and pour the water and boil for 5 mins.
- Blend in ground peanuts and ground rice.
- Bring to a boil then put in the ox tail.
- Add the vegetables.
- Add more water if needed to have enough sauce; sauce should be thick and not watery.
- Add fish sauce to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and shrimp paste (bagoong) on the side.