Cookbook:Jalapeno Glazed Seared Salmon
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 (6-ounce) Coho or Silver salmon filets
- 2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Pulse chiles with broth in a food processor until a thick paste is formed. Set aside a small amount from the rest.
- Brush salmon filets on all sides with chile mixture. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and discard chile mixture used to brush it.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Place salmon filets and cook, skin side up, 1 1/2 minutes.
- Turn on one of the smaller sides and cook 1 minute. Flip onto one of the bigger sides and cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Again, turn onto the uncooked smaller side and cook another 1 minute.
- Remove to a plate and brush all sides liberally with chile mixture. Cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving with clean chile sauce.