Cookbook:Hamburger Skillet Dinner
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Hamburger Skillet Dinner|
This was the first thing I could cook. I learned to make it staying with a friend as I was leaving the Navy. For years I have called it "Keith's Whats-it."
- 1 cup uncooked pasta, such as macaroni, elbows, or wagon wheels
- 1 pound ground beef or hamburger, crumbled
- a sprinkle of garlic salt
- a sprinkle of minced onion
- 1 or 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- Boil pasta al denté in 4-6 cups salted, oiled water, drain.
- While pasta is cooking, sprinkle 10" skillet with garlic salt and minced onion, and brown beef.
- Add tomato soup and cook a minute or two.
- Stir in drained pasta.
Notes, tips and variations 
- May add beans, vary spices, add onions; anything you like!
- Makes a decent chili base with chili powder added.
- Good in leftovers, if that is possible.