From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 cups water
- Heat the margarine in a saucepan very gently, and sauté the flour until golden brown in the margarine for 40 minutes over low to moderate heat.
- When the flour turns light golden, put the sugar and water in a separate saucepan and make syrup by boiling gently.
- Add the syrup to the saucepan with flour and simmer for 20 minutes, and then take out small pieces of the Hallva with a wooden spool, form into balls and place on a serving plate.
- Serve warm