Cookbook:Grilled Summer Fruit
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 3 ripe yellow peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 red apples, cored and halved
- 4 plums, halved
- 8 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Syrup (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peach nectar
- 1 tbs lemon zest, finely grated
- Make the syrup. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by 1/3. Set aside until cool.
- Skewer plums through the side on the toothpicks. Brush cut side of fruits liberally with syrup and place syrup side down on a medium high grill until marked. Remove and serve warm with remaining syrup.