Cookbook:Grilled Pork Tenderloin
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 whole pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4 lbs. natural chunk charcoal
- 1/2 pound soaked applewood chips
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 sheet newspaper
- Combine Marinade ingredients. Pour half into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Combine Rub ingredients and rub all over pork.
- Moisten newspaper with oil and wad up under a large chimney starter with charcoal in it. Light and wait 15 minutes.
- Once charcoal has heated, disperse evenly around bottom of grill. Add soaked chips, replace grate, and place pork in the center. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip to another side and cook 1 1/2 more minutes and repeat until pork has cooked for 12 minutes and internal temp. reaches 140°.
- Make a large foil pouch and place pork inside. Pour in reserved marinade and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.