Cookbook:Greek Yogurt Sauce
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This nice yogurt sauce is nice for gyros, a grilling baste for lamb and pork, and a dipping sauce for chips, out of all things!
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until relatively smooth. Pour into your dipping bowl and serve with a Greek-style dish.