From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 to 3 large carrots
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 2 to 3 tea spoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (120g) cashew nuts (broken)
- 1/2 cup (120g) raisins
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- Wash the cashews and raisins and keep them ready.
- Cut off the blemished ends of the carrots, wash them, and then peel them.
- Grate the carrots, and empty the grated carrots into a saucepan.
- Add the cashews, raisins, salt, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and milk.
- Heat the saucepan and bring the contents to a boil, while mixing.
- When the milk has mostly evaporated you are done.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cinnamon powder on top.
Notes: - When the milk is almost evaporated add some say 50-100g of khoya for the added rich taste!