- If using frozen corn, thaw. If using canned corn, microwave in a glass bowl or gently heat on the stove until warm.
- Coat corn with a light layer of egg wash.
- Mix salt and pepper into the flour, MSG or other spices optional.
- Move corn from the egg wash and cover with flour.
- Heat oil to moderate to high heat.
- Deep-fry floured corn until golden brown on the outside (less than two minutes).
- Serve as a complement to another dish
When a pot of hot oil catches fire, the flames will reach up for 2 or 3 feet. If you must work under flammable cabinets or shelves, be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy. An oil with a high smoke point is less likely to cause problems, including indoor air pollution and fire. See Deep-frying for more warnings.