Fleischnacka is an Alsatian dish consisting of minced beef (or sometimes other meats) rolled in fresh noodle dough and cut into slices which are then cooked in stock.
Fleishnacke en Alsacien – Alsatian meat stuffed noodles
For the dough:
- 1 lb. flour
- 4 ea. eggs
- 1 cup water
For the filling:
- 2½ lb. minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 pints beef stock
- 4 cups Riesling (optional)
Preparation of the dough:
- Mix together the flour and eggs, add the water and salt.
- Knead the dough until smooth and set aside for 1 hour.
- Mince the onion, parsley and garlic. Mix into the minced meat along with the eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough and roll up into a cylinder.Seal the edge with water and cut into slices (not too thick).
- Brown the slices in oil.
- Add the stock (and wine if used) and cook for 20 minutes.
Serve with a green salad.