From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is a popular dessert which can be made in less than an hour.
- Oats are unsuitable for people with wheat allergy because oats are normally ground with wheat.
- Oats are unsuitable for some people with Coeliac disease because the oats are normally ground with wheat.
- To make this recipe suitable for people with milk or soya allergy use a dairy free, soya free margarine.
- 150g (6oz) Margarine
- 75g (3oz) Sugar
- 200g (8oz) Quick rolled oats (not porridge oats)
- 75g (3oz) Syrup
- Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan.
- Once the margarine has melted, add the syrup into the saucepan and stir well.
- Add the sugar into the saucepan and stir well.
- Add the quick rolled oats into the saucepan and stir well until well mixed.
- Press the mixture into a well greased non-stick tin.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 30 minutes (change as necessary for the oven).
- Leave to cool in the tin.