Cookbook:Fig and Pistachio Chutney
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 3 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups dried figs, chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 (2-inch) orange rind strips
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a simmer; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer an additional 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and liquid is slightly syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Discard orange rind; cool. Stir in pistachios.
Peter Berely, Cooking Light, MAY 2002