Cookbook:Easy Pasta Sauce
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Easy pasta sauce)
This a very easy and tasty pasta sauce. It's good with just pasta, and goes well with a lot of vegetables as well. The quantities of ingredients varies with the amount of pasta, and with your taste preferences.
- add whatever you want
- Finely chop tomatoes or purée them in a food processor – this depends on what consistency you want. Chopping gives a chunkier sauce while using puréed tomatoes yields a smoother sauce.
- Grind garlic to paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Using a pan with non-stick coating needs less oil.
- When oil is hot (but not too hot), turn down heat and add garlic paste.
- When garlic is golden-brown, add tomatoes.
- Tomatoes have to be cooked until done - they'll look and smell cooked instead of raw, and will be a deeper, redder colour.
- Half way there, add salt and pepper.
- When tomatoes are almost done, add fresh cream (more if you want, but less is good too).
- After half a minute, add oregano.
- Cook for another minute, and your pasta sauce is ready.
- Add cooked pasta and vegetables and serve hot.
- add herbs e.g. basil, rosemary