Cookbook:Easy Scrambled Eggs
This is a simple recipe for scrambled eggs.
Approximate Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
The additional ingredient possibilities are virtually limitless. It is common to add a small amount of cream, milk or water (approx. 1/2 teaspoon per egg) to the egg mixture before cooking (will make eggs fluffier). Cheese is also popular, and should be added near the end of cooking. Other ingredients to try include: ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, sausage, tomatoes, olives, bacon, shaved truffles, smoked turkey, spinach, broccoli, tarragon, chives, parsley and asparagus. Dijon mustard is also good mixed into the egg mixture prior to cooking.
Procedure 1 
- Heat pan (a non-stick or well seasoned cast iron is preferable) to medium and add enough butter, oil, or cooking spray to coat bottom
- Crack desired number of eggs into a bowl.
- Add milk or water to eggs, if desired (apprx. 1/2 teaspoon per egg)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (other herbs and spices may be used as well)
- Beat eggs gently with fork or whisk for 15-20 seconds. It is not necessary to make a completely uniform mixture.
- Add egg mixture to heated, greased pan.
- With a spatula or spoon (avoid metal tools if using teflon pan) continuously gently scrape cooked egg from pan. The length of time and the frequency with which you scrape will determine the consistency of the eggs and is a matter of personal preference. The time will vary from 30 seconds to 3 or more minutes depending on number and type of eggs, size and heat of pan, and personal preference.
Procedure 1b - Microwave 
To cook in microwave, grease bowl before cracking one to two eggs into bowl. Mix gently. Microwave on high for 40 seconds to 2 minutes. Actual cooking time will vary. A general rule of thumb is to watch eggs for entire time and stop microwave when entire mixture has risen somewhat. If it explodes, you waited too long. Egg(s) will come out in shape of the bowl; depending on the size of the bowl, this method is very useful for making an appropriate size egg patty for a sandwich.
Procedure 2 
- Heat a non-stick pan w/ the bottom covered in butter, margarine, oil or cooking spray to Med. settings.
- Crack eggs and place inside pan.
- Immediately begin mixing while lightly sprinkling with salt for 5 seconds.
- Continue mixing until eggs are thoroughly scrambled and mixed.
- Turn off heat, and wait 1 minute for eggs to cool.