From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Duck Frame Stock
- Leftover bones from roast duck
- Pan drippings
- giblets (gizzard, heart, neck, skinned/peeled duck feet)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 6 cups (1200ml) water
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Cook everything in a tightly covered heavy stock pot over medium heat until it reaches a full rolling boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain liquid, discarding bones and reserving any meat.
- Don't worry about the vinegar spoiling the flavor of the stock; it cooks out and helps leach nutrients such as calcium from the bones, leaving no vinegary odor/flavor behind.