From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- ⅔ cup (160g) corn meal
- ⅓ cup (60g) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8-10 hot dogs
- 8-10 wooden skewers
- Preheat deep fat fryer to .
- Combine corn meal, flour, and salt. Add milk, egg, and oil; mix well.
- Insert a wooden skewer into one end of each frankfurter.
- Coat with flour, then coat with corn meal mixture.
- Fry a few at a time in deep hot oil until golden brown.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Dab with mustard, like at a fair.