From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 sq. unsweetened chocolate (4 oz.), melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mix oil, chocolate, and granulated sugar.
- Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into oil mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into confectioners' sugar.
- Roll in sugar; shape into balls.
- Place about 2" apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.