Cookbook:Cantaloupe and Blackberry Compote
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 cantaloupe (about 2 lbs. or 900g) or other melon
- 1/2 lb. (225g) fresh blackberries, or other berries
- 3 tbsp. fruit liqueur (Chambord, Creme de Cassis, or Cherry Heering)
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- Cut cantaloupe in half and remove seeds with spoon. With melon baller, cut flesh into balls.
- In colander, rinse blackberries under cold running water and drain.
- Gently pat dry with paper towels. Place melon balls and berries in large bowl.
- Sprinkle fruit with liqueur and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Serve, garnish with mint sprig.