From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Bløtkake is a traditional Norwegian dessert, usually reserved for special occasions such as birthdays. It is also served on Norway's national day, May 17th.
|Difficulty||[[File:Medium, requires particular skillso5dots.svg|]]|
- For the batter
- For the filling
- For a garnish
- Berries or fruit
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until they form peaks. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and fold lightly in.
- Pour the batter into a greased tin (about 22cm round) and bake the cake at 170°C for 30-40 mins.
- Cool on a rack. Slice the cake in three, horizontally, and sprinkle each slice with some of the peach juice from the tin.
- Cover two of the slices with jam, peach slices and vanilla custard. Place the third layer on top of the other two and cover the whole cake, including the sides, with the cream whipped with the teaspoon of sugar.
- Garnish with berries and/or fruit (usually blueberries, redcurrants or other soft berries).