From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs (2 slices of bread) or ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Form meat mixture into a loaf or pat into a lightly oiled loaf pan.
- Bake in a 300°F oven for 45 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Makes 1 loaf (about 12 1-slice servings)
Notes, tips, and variations
|Nutrition Information for each serving of Bison Loaf|
|Calories||88||Sodium||74 mg||Vitamin C||4 mg|
|Calories from fat||15||Total Carbohydrate||3 g||Calcium||24mg|
|Total Fat||1.7 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g||Protein||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.6 g||Sugar||0 g||Iron||1.8 mg|
|Cholesterol||53 mg||Vitamin A||17 RE|
- This recipe is from the public domain U.S. Department of Agriculture FDPIR Commodity Fact Sheet Bison, ground or stew meat, frozen (pdf).