From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 5 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps ghee
- 2 tsps sugar
- ½ tsp yeast OR 1 tsp baking soda
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Mix the yeast with half a cup of lukewarm water and keep aside for ten minutes.
- Mix the ghee (clarified butter) and the sugar with the flour. Add the yoghurt and dissolved yeast or the baking soda. A little more lukewarm water may be added if necessary. Knead well until the dough becomes soft and pliable. Use a little oil to knead well.
- Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for four hours.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan. Make small balls and roll them, spread a little with your palms and fry in hot ghee until golden brown. Serve hot with Channa or choley (chickpea curry).