From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Just like what Rick Steves ate on his 'Travels in Europe' show, when he visited Cornwall.
- 2 cups cubed cooking roast beef, in ¼-inch (65 mm) pieces
- 1½ cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup diced cooked onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double crust pie (9-inch)
- Half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine first 9 ingredients and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out ¼ of the pastry into an 8-inch (20 cm) circle.
- Mound 1 cup of filling on half of circle.
- Moisten edge of pastry with water.
- Fold dough over filling.
- Crimp edges with fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Cut slits in top of each completed pastry.
- Brush tops with cream.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.