From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 oz (110 g) light brown sugar
- 6 oz (175 g) butter
- 1 dessert spoon golden syrup
- 6 oz (175 g) rolled oats
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 2, 300 °F (150 °C).
- Place the sugar, butter and golden syrup together in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats.
- Press the mixture out over the base of the prepared tin (7½ inch (19 cm) square baking tin, 1½ inches (4 cm) deep, lightly greased)
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.
- When baked, allow to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before cutting into oblong bars.
- Leave until cold before removing the flapjacks from the tin, then store in an airtight container.
- 1 oz. (28 g) sugar
- 4 oz. (112 g) butter
- 2 tbsp. golden syrup
- 8 oz. (225 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (180 °C)
- Beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is creamy, then stir in the warmed golden syrup.
- Work in the rolled oats and salt.
- Grease a slice tin baking tray size 10" x 8" (approx. 25 x 20 cm)
- Put mixture into tin baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until brown.
- When firm, cut into slices and leave in tin until cool.