Cookbook:Barbecue Sauce - Sweet
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 cup tomato catsup (ketchup)
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- garlic powder or minced garlic to taste (optional)
Combine together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until thickens slightly.
Can also keep sauce in refrigerator and use like bottled BBQ sauce.