Cookbook:Bacon Cheese Omelet
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Bacon Cheese Omelet|
- 3 large eggs
- 2 medium (10 oz) slices of cooked bacon
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Cut or break bacon into one-inch pieces.
- Cut or break slices of cheese into one-inch-wide strips.
- Beat or whisk eggs until evenly colored.
- Heat pan over high heat until butter is melted and spread over entire pan surface.
- Turn heat to medium, pour in eggs, and rotate the pan so that eggs cover the entire surface of the pan.
- Continue rotating until the edges become thick, then use a spatula to draw back a downside edge allowing the remaining liquid egg to flow to the pan and start cooking. Continue to rotate the pan and move the spatula to adjacent areas until most of the liquid egg is cooked.
- Lay the cheese down the center of the omelet.
- Place the bacon on top of the cheese.
- Flip one side over the bacon and cheese strip, then the other.
- Turn to low heat until cheese has melted. Makes two servings.