Cookbook:Atrus123 Hot mega-Chocolate Extravaganza
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar of at least 60% cocoa (but no higher than 80%)*
- Splash vanilla
- Dash HOT cayenne pepper
I used a bar of very dark chocolate (71% cocoa solids)
- Fill the saucepan with about 2-3 inches of water, and place it on high heat. Set the bowl on top of the saucepan, and drop bits of the chocolate bar into the bowl. The steam from the water will melt the chocolate.
- Stir until it melts completely. Stir in a dash of cayenne pepper until you no longer see any specks of red.
- Add a handful of marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Add a few more if you'd rather have a sweeter cup.
- Once the mixture is smooth, stir in just a bit of milk until the mixture is again smooth. Repeat this process until you have used all the milk. Do this slowly over the course of about 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and immediately (but carefully) pour into a large mug. Top with marshmallows.
You could probably add a hint of Kentucky bourbon after you've added all the milk if you want it spiked.