Cookbook:Apple Sultana Chutney
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 cup lemon juice
- 3 ounce (85 g) pickling spices
- 3 pound (1.35 kg) apples, peeled cored and sliced thick
- 1 pound (450 g) sultanas (seedless raisins)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns crushed
- 3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Red chilies
- Place lemon juice and pickling spice in a saucepan, boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine apples and raisins in a large saucepan.
- Add strained lemon juice and bring to a gentle boil.
- Combine crushed coriander and peppercorns in a cheesecloth square together with the dried chilies, tie securely and add to saucepan with brown sugar and salt.
- Simmer until mixture has thickened. Remove cheesecloth bag.
- Have ready some sterilized jars. Pour in mixture, and seal.