Cookbook:Apple Potato Bread
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 400g (14.2 oz) potatoes (about two potatoes)
- Knob of butter (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Three peeled medium/small apples (or two peeled large apples)
- Two tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground cloves
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them. Boil in water until the center is soft. Drain the water and then leave the potatoes in the hot pan to dry out then mash them until smooth.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it's crumbly. Add salt and then mix in mashed potatoes. Knead for a few minutes.
- Divide in half and roll into two rounds.
- Slice the apples and place in a pot, add the sugar (and cinnamon and cloves) and heat through for three minutes, remove from heat.
- Use the two disks of potato bread like a sandwich and place the apple mixture into the middle.
- Preheat a skillet pan with two tablespoons of oil and place the potato bread sandwich in it and cook for three minutes each side and serve straight away.