Cookbook:Apple Lovage Chutney
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 6 cups apples cored and chopped
- 1 cup lovage fresh
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cored seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red tomato, cored, peeled chopped
- 1 medium green tomato, cored chopped
- 2 teaspoons asofoetida
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, peeled minced
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Combine all ingredients in stainless steel pan.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes, or until thickened.
- Prepare jars, lids in boiling water bath.
- Fill jars with hot mixture, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims with clean towel and attach lids securely.
- Place jars in boiling water bath, and when the water returns to the boil, process for 15 minutes.