Cookbook:Apple Currant Chutney
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 medium apples, cored in 1/2 inch chunks (1 to 2)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon asofoetida
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon tabasco or hot sauce
- Stir together apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, currants, asofoetida, ginger, and tabasco sauce in glass cup or bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered on high until slightly thick and bubbly, 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Puree 1/2 cup in blender. Add back with rest. Let cool.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.