Cookbook:Fruit Salad with Orange Juice
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Ambrosia Fruit Salad Alternative)
A very simple and popular fruit salad.
apples, oranges, bananas, orange juice and maraschino cherries
- Peel the apples, oranges and bananas and dice them into small pieces.
- Peel and separate the orange sections. Cut sections into smaller pieces if desired.
- Cut the cherries in half or quarters depending on the size and pour a bit of cherry juice in bowl.
- Mix it all together and add orange juice as desired.
- You may wish to refrigerate prior to serving.
Notes, Tips, and Variations
- This recipe has been handed down for more than 5 generations and is very healthy, quenching and satisfying as a snack or dessert.
- Any fruit can be used.