Cookbook:40 Cloves in a Roast Chicken
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:40 cloves in a Roast Chicken)
If 40 cloves of garlic seems extreme to you, how about beer-can chicken?
- 1 3-4 pound broiler/fryer chicken
- 1/4 cup Country Roast Chicken Seasoning
- 40 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 re-usable organic cotton produce bag (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Rub Seasoning under skin of chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Tie chicken legs together and tie wing tips under back with butcher's twine.
- Heat garlic in microwave on low 6 minutes.
- In this step, work quickly. If using bag, place garlic in and stuff in cavity. If not using, just stuff in.
- Coat chicken with olive oil. Place herbs in the bottom of a roasting pan and put lemon slices on top. Put chicken breast side up on top and bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes. Turn oven up to 425° and bake for 45 more minutes or until internal temperature in both the thigh and breast reaches 165° and juices run clear. Let rest 10 minutes and serve.