Millions of children lack access to school education.
The second goal is that all children obtain basic school education. The objective of the MDG 2 is that the right to learn is guaranteed to all children, boys and girls alike, rich and poor, in developed and developing nations alike.
Right now, this is not so. In Sub-Saharan Africa for instance, only 2 out of 3 children receive primary schooling. And it is especially the girls who get left out.
The current effort is to support African governments and civil society in following the example of the Asian and South American nations, that are successfully extending universal primary education to most of their children.
Books or Pages
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Improving Schools and Learning Environment
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Learning to share learning
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Right to Learn
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Villas Del Sol - Barrio Rafael Uribe Uribe