CAT means "Computer Aided Translation", referring not to machine translation, but to translation done with specialized software providing functions to increase workflow while providing quality assurance, glossaries and other assistance.
Wikibooks was chosen for these manuals to be written by translators for translators to make sure the content is open to the public and subject to a continuous quality improvement. Wikibooks also allows FAQs and other useful informational tools.
Expanding this to other languages would of course be welcome. If you see something that should be improved, please jump in. Every bit that improves this content is helpful to everyone else who reads it. It is hoped comparative pages will be added to provide guidance among different CAT programs.
- DéjàVu 3
- DéjàVu X
- Heartsome CAT Bundle
- Heartsome Translation Studio
- Okapi Framework
- Open Language Tools
- SDL Trados
- STAR Transit
- Wordfast free version (dated 21 September 2002)
- Cat Tools Discussions - Cat Tools Community
- Open-Source CAT-Tools - Links to open source resources
- ProZ.com forum on CAT Tools - ProZ.com Translation Workplace forum dedicated to CAT Tools
- TranslatorsTraining - Video-based comparisons and introductions and other information about 15 different CAT tools
- TranslateWiki - specialized in software localization