Biblical Studies/Christianity/Becoming a Christian
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
The Bible not only points to the need of salvation, but tells one how to accept Jesus.
- First, believe in God, His Son Jesus Christ, and in the power of His forgiveness. (Acts 16: 30,31)
- Salvation is a free gift to the believer. (Eph. 2: 8,9)
- Salvation comes by the atoning death of Jesus Christ. (Col. 1:20)
- The believer must repent. (Luke 24: 47)
- The believer must be baptized into the Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19)
- The believer must come as a humble child to God. (1 Cor. 1: 21)
- There are two simple steps to receive salvation. (Rom. 10: 9)
- Confess the Lord Jesus by name.
- Believe in your heart God has raised Him from the dead.
- How shall we evade, if we neglect so great a salvation, which was first enunciated by the Lord and was confirmed to us by those who heard him.
(Hebrews 2: 3 in Modernity)