BarCamp - How to Run Your Own/Schedule and the wall
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Even if you have many rooms as we had, limit the tracks to 4 rooms so the attendance does not suffer.
- Make sure you have at least 8 rooms for the event so sessions will be smaller and more discussion (many to many conversations) take place as opposed to one to many lectures. 4 rooms is not enough.
- Make sure there is plenty of gathering room in front of your wall, people will want to gather round.
- Don't put the wall in one of the session rooms, People will want to look at it mid-session sometimes.
The Event Slots 
- There are different slot sizes you can do, 25 minute slots seems to be about right
- Ensure you give at least a 5 minute break in between sessions
The Wall 
- 5x3 index cards on a whiteboard or physical wall works best
- We used masking tape to form an actual grid
- Put breaks and lunch in as session sized slots - and put cards in that say Lunch or Break
- Don't just write on the tape in between 2 sessions "lunch" people won't see it
- Post it notes tend to fall off in my experience, I prefer index cards with blutack or magnetic whiteboard pins