- 1 Introduction
- 2 Office Application
- 3 Web Application
- 4 Image Editing Art
- 5 Audio
- 6 Video Creativity and Production
- 7 Magazine Editing
- 8 Remote Desktop/Shared
- 9 Misc Application
- 10 Misc Application 2
- 11 Games Emulation
- 12 Games
- 13 Education
- 14 Various Application Guides
- 14.1 Web Browser
- 14.2 E-Mail
- 14.3 Instant Messaging IM
- 14.4 Multimedia
- 14.5 Office
- 14.6 Graphics
- 14.7 Games
Aros does have some software. Windows, MacOSX and Linux have a lot more software but in every day use how much do you use. The most used apps that most people use on a daily basis are...
- Web browser AROS - using Fab's Odyssey or the original AROS OWB
- Email AROS - using YAM and SimpleMAIL
- Web Chat AROS - Facebook and Twitter via jabberwocky
- Video playback AROS - yes via mplayer
- Audio Playback AROS - yes via mplayer
- Games AROS - some ported games plus lots of emulation software and HTML5 casual ones while we wait for native games.
- Office - On-line apps could also be used via the OWB web browser, like Google Docs.
- ABIv0 is the current standard but will eventually be superseded by ABIv1
- ABIv1 is going to be the newest long term standard for AROS
There is still a lot of software to be ported, written or shared so if you are interested in creating and joining in with this effort see here
|Office||AROS (x86)||AmigaOS3 (68k)||AmigaOS4 (PPC)||MorphOS (PPC)|
|Word-processing||Cinnamon Writer, [ ], [ ], [ ],||AmigaWriter*, WordWorth*, FinalWriter*, Excellence 3*, Protext, Rashumon,||AbiWord, CinnamonWriter||Cinnamon Writer, scriba, Papyrus Office,|
|Spreadsheets||Ignition, LuaCalc, [ ], [ ], [ ],||Turbocalc*, Ignition, FinalCalc*, ProCalc 2, StarAmPlan,||Gnumeric||[ ignition], Papyrus Office,|
|Presentations||Hollywood*, HTML5 Slides, S5, impress.js, presentation.js, reveal.js, CSSS, CSSS intro,||Hollywood*, MediaPoint, PointRider, Scala*,||Hollywood*, PointRider||Hollywood*, PointRider|
|Databases||SDB, MUIBase,||MUIbase, Datastore, FinalData, AmigaBase, Fiasco, Twist2,||MUIBase, SQLite,||MUIBase,|
|PDF Viewing||ArosPDF||APDF||AmiPDF||APDF, vPDF,|
|Printing||Postscript 3 laser printers and Ghostscript internal, GutenPrint,||TurboPrint*||(some native drivers),||early TurboPrint included,|
|PIM Personal Information Manager - Day Planner Calendar App||[ ], [ ], [ ],||Digita Organiser*, On The Ball, Everyday Organiser, Calender in Rexx, [ Contact Manager], Calendar in E, Post Notes in C,||AOrganiser,||PolyOrga,|
|Accounting||ETB, LoanCalc, [ ], [ ], [ ],||Home Accounts, Accountant, Small Business Accounts, Account Master, HomeBank, [ Amigabok],||?||?|
|Project Management||?||SuperGantt, SuperPlan,||?||?|
|System Wide Dictionary - multilingual Babiloo, StarDict,||On-line,||AlphaSpell, Ispell Src,|
|System wide Thesaurus - multi lingual||On-line,||Roget Gutenberg etext, Kuma K-Roget*,|
- Commercial product.
|Web Application||AROS(x86)||Amiga OS3 (68k)||AmigaOS4(PPC)||MorphOS(PPC)|
|Browsing||Odyssey, OWB 1.0x OWB Trac,||IBrowse*, Voyager*, AWeb, AWeb Src, Netsurf||OWB-mui, [ Timberwolf (Firefox port)], OWB-Reaction, IBrowse*, AWeb, Voyager, Netsurf,||OWB, [ Netsurf], IBrowse*, AWeb,|
|E-mailing||SimpleMail, YAM||SimpleMail, YAM||SimpleMail, YAM,||SimpleMail, YAM|
|Torrents||ArTorr,||CTorrent, Transmission||MLDonkey, Beehive, Transmission, CTorrent,|
|FTP||MarranoFTP,||AmiFTP, AmiTradeCenter, ncFTP,||Pftp, AmiFTP,|
|IRC||Wookiechat, AiRcOS, Jabberwocky,||Wookiechat, AmIRC||Wookiechat||Wookiechat, AmIRC,|
|Instant Messaging IM - Facebook and Twitter (TM) and others||jabberwocky, ATwitter Port Issues, SabreMSN (ABIv0 only)||AmiTwitter, CLIMM, SabreMSN, jabberwocky,||AmiTwitter, SabreMSN,||AmiTwitter, PolyglotNG, SabreMSN,|
|Newsgroups||?||Newscoaster, NewsRog, WorldNews,||?||?|
|WYSIWYG Web Editor||?||MetalWEB, AwebDV, WebDesign, Webplug,||?||?|
|Streaming Audio gnump3d, Icecast2 Server (Broadcast) and Client (Listen), [ mpd], DarkIce, Muse,||Mplayer (Icecast Client only),||MODMancer,||Tunenet, AmiNetRadio,||Mplayer, AmiNetRadio,|
|VoIP (Voice over IP) with SIP Client (Session Initiation Protocol) or Asterisk IAX2 Clients Softphone (skype like)||?||AmiPhone with Speak Freely,||?||?|
|Radio Automation Software Rivendell, Campware LiveSupport, SourceFabric AirTime, MediaBox404,|
- Commercial product.
Image Editing Art
|Painting or Image Manipulation||LunaPaint, GrafX2, LodePaint, JSPixely, MugTug Darkroom, X-Icon editor,||TVPaint, PPaint, GrafX2, ImageFX*, XiPaint, fxPaint, ImageMasterRT, ArtEffect, DeluxePaint, PerfectPaint, Zoetrope, Brilliance2*, Photogenics*||LodePaint, GrafX2, ImageFX*,||Sketch, Pixel*, GrafX2, ImageFX*, LunaPaint,|
|Image viewing||ZuneView, LookHere, LoView, PicShow , Picture Album,||PicShow, PicView, Photoalbum,||WarpView, PicShow, flPhoto, Thumbs, Picture Album,||ShowGirls, Picture Album,|
|Photo retouching||?||Photogenics*, ArtEffect*,||WarpView, flPhoto, Photocrop,||ShowGirls|
|Graphic Format Converter||?||GraphicsConverter, ImageStudio, MPImage Src, ArtPro,|
|Thumbnail Generator||Thumbnail Generator,||ImageDesk, MTN, TNM, Image2Icon,|
|Animation||Lunapaint||PPaint, AnimatED, Scala*, GoldDisk MovieSetter*, Walt Disney's Animation Studio*, ProDAD*,||?||Titler|
|2D SVG based MovieSetter type||?||MovieSetter*, Fantavision*,||?||?|
|2D Cad (qcad->LibreCAD, etc)||?||Xcad, MaxonCAD,||?||?|
|3D Cad (OpenCascade->FreeCad, BRL-CAD, OpenSCAD, AvoCADo, etc)||?||XCad3d*, DynaCADD*,||?||?|
|3D Rendering||POV-Ray,||CINEMA 4D*, POV-Ray, Lightwave3D*, Real3D*, Caligari24*, Reflections/Monzoom*, Irit Editor Src, Raystorm src,||Blender, POV-Ray, Yafray,||Blender, POV-Ray, Yafray,|
|3D Format Converter||?||T3D lib Src,||IVCon,|
- Commercial product.
|Playing Audio||mp3Player, Mplayer, playcdda CDs,||AmiNetRadio, AmigaAmp, playOGG,||TuneNet, SimplePlay, AmigaAmp, TKPlayer||AmiNetRadio, Mplayer, Kaya, AmigaAmp|
|Editing Audio||Audio Evolution 4||Samplitude Opus Key, HD-Rec, SoundFX,||HD-Rec, AmiSoundED, Audio Evolution 4||HD-Rec, Audio Evolution 4 to come|
|Music Edit Tracker||Protrekkr, Schism Tracker, MilkyTracker, HivelyTracker, libMikMod,||MilkyTracker, HivelyTracker, DigiBooster, Octamed SoundStudio,||MilkyTracker, HivelyTracker, GoatTracker||MilkyTracker, GoatTracker, DigiBooster,|
|Music Edit Other (Midi or Audio)||early wip Bars and Pipes, WildMidi Player,||Bars'n'Pipes, MusicX*, Deluxe Music*, Horny, HD-Rec, Camouflague*,||HD-Rec, Rockbeat, Bars'n'Pipes, Horny, Audio Evolution 4,||Bars'n'Pipes,|
|Sound Sampling||Audio Evolution 4, Quick Record,||Audio Evolution 3, Samplitude Opus Key, Audiomaster IV*,||HD-Rec, Audio Evolution 4,||HD-Rec, Audio Evolution 4,|
|CD/DVD burn||FryingPan,||FryingPan, MakeCD,||FryingPan, AmiDVD,||FryingPan, Jalopeano,|
|CD/DVD audio rip||Lame, Quick CDrip,||Lame, Ncode + Rexx,||Lame,||Lame, Flac ripper,|
|MP3 v1 and v2 Tagger||id3ren (v1), mp3info,||MP3TagEditor v1 and v2, MPTool,||ID3ren,||MPGtx,|
|Audio Convert||Online Convert,||SoundBox, SoundBox Key, SampleE, sox||?||?|
|Streaming ie despotify|
|DJ mixing jamming|
* Commercial product.
Video Creativity and Production
|Playing Video||AMC*, Mplayer, CDXL player, IffAnimPlay,||Frogger*, AMP2, MPlayer, RiVA*, MooViD*,||AMC*, DvPlayer, MPlayer||MPlayer, Frogger, AMP2, VLC|
|Streaming Video||AMC*, Mplayer,||?||Mplayer, Gnash, Tubexx||Mplayer, OWB, Tubexx, Reggae,|
|Playing DVD||AMC*, Mplayer||AMP2, Frogger||AMC*, DvPlayer*, AMP2,||Mplayer|
|Screen Recording||Screenrecorder, [ ], [ ], [ ], [ ],||?||?||Screenrecorder,|
|Create and Edit Individual Video||Mencoder, Quick Videos, AVIbuild and FrameBuild,||Mainactor Broadcast*, Video Toaster, Broadcaster Elite, MovieShop, Adorage, VHI studio*,||FFMpeg/GUI||Blender, Mencoder, FFmpeg|
|DVD ripping (libdvdread + libdvdcss + vobcopy)||Handbrake|
- Commercial product.
|DTP||?||Pagestream*, Professional Page*, Saxon Publisher Publishing,||Pagestream*||Pagestream*|
|Scanning||SCANdal||FxScan*, ScanQuix*||SCANdal (Sane)||SCANdal|
|Text Editing||NoWinEd, Aros Editor, Annotate, Vim, FrexxEd,||NoWinED, Annotate, GoldED/CubicIDE*, CygnusED*, Turbotext, Protext*,||NoWinED, Notepad, Annotate, CygnusED*||MorphOS ED, NoWinED, GoldED/CubicIDE*, CygnusED*, Annotate|
|Font Designer||? Barcode fonts, Online font converter,||TypeSmith*, SaxonScript (GetFont Adobe Type 1),||?||?|
|Drawing Vector||ZuneFIG previously AmiFIG||Drawstudio*, ProVector*, ArtExpression*, Professional Draw*, AmiFIG, MetaView,||MindSpace, amifig,||SteamDraw, amiFIG,|
- Commercial product.
|Remote Desktop (server)||ArosVNCServer,||AmiVNC, AVNC||AmiVNC||MorphVNC, vncserver|
|Remote Desktop (client)||ArosVNC, RDesktop||TwinVNC, VVA, RDesktop||TwinVNC, RDesktop||TwinVNC, RDesktop|
- Commercial product.
|Misc Application||AROS(x86)||Amiga OS3 (68k)||AmigaOS4(PPC)||MorphOS(PPC)|
|File Management||DOpus, [ DOpus Magellan], [ Scalos], [ ],||DOpus, DOpus Magellan, ClassAction, FileMaster, DM2, DirWork 2*,||DOpus, Filer, AmiDisk||DOpus|
|File Verification / Repair||md5 (linux shell), workpar2 (PAR2), cksfv from website,||?||?||Par2,|
|App Installer||Jack||InstallerNG, Grunch,||Jack||Jack|
|C/C++ IDE||Murks, FrexxEd, Annotate,||Cubic IDE*, Annotate, XDME, Annotate,||CodeBench||Cubic IDE*, Anontate,|
|Gui Creators||MuiBuilder,||GadtoolBox, GadtoolBox to E,||?||[ MuiBuilder],|
|Catalog .cd .ct Editors||?||SimpleCat,||?||SimpleCat,|
|Filesystem Backup||MyMirror, MrBackup, Quarterback Tools*,|
|Filesystem Repair||Quarterback Tools, [ ], [ ], [ ],|
|Multiple File renaming||DOpus 4 or 5,||MultiRen, Rename2u,|
- Commercial product.
Misc Application 2
|BASIC||X-AMOS, SDLBasic, Alvyn, Basic4SDL, Ace Basic,||Amiblitz 3, Amos Pro, ACE Basic,||?||sdlBasic|
|OSK On Screen Keyboard||?||OSK||?||?|
|Screen Magnifier Magnifying Glass Magnification||ZoomIT,|
|Comic Book CBR CBZ format reader viewer||comics,||?||?||?|
|Text to Speech,||flite,||translator, Die Giga Engine,||FLite||FLite|
|Speech Recognition Dictation - CMU Sphinx, Julius, ISIP,||?||?||?||?|
|Route Planning||web browser with access to Google Maps or OSM,||AmiAtlas*, UKRoutePlus*,||?||?|
|World Construction||?||Vista Pro and World Construction Set||?||?|
|Astronomy||Digital Almanac (ABIv0 only),||Digital Almanac, Distant Suns*, Digital Universe*,||Digital Almanac, Distant Suns*, Digital Universe*,||Digital Almanac,|
|CAD oCADis, avoCADo, FreeCAD python,||?||XCad (GFACAD)*, MAXONcad)*, Cycas*, DynaCadd*,||?||?|
|PCB design||?||SchemariCAD, [ ], [ ], [ ],||?||?|
|Genealogy History Family Tree Ancestry Records (FreeBMD, FreeREG, and FreeCEN file formats or GEDCOM GenTree)||[ Origins], [ Your Family Tree], [ ], [ ], [ ],|
* Commercial product.
Some emulators require OpenGL to function and if the sound and emulation is fast, adjust ahi prefs channels, frequency and unit0 and unit1.
Free public domain roms for use with emulators can be found here as most of the rest are covered by copyright rules. If you like to read about old games see here and here and a blog about old computers. Possibly some of the best selling of all time. Wiki with emulated systems list.
|Games Emulation Apple2 and 2GS|
|Games Emulation Arcade||Mame, SI Emu (ABIv0 only),||Mame,||xmame, amiarcadia,||Mame,|
|Games Emulation Atari 2600||Stella,|
|Games Emulation Atari 5200|
|Games Emulation Atari 7800|
|Games Emulation Atari 400 800 130XL||Atari800,|
|Games Emulation Atari Lynx||Handy (ABIv0 only),|
|Games Emulation Atari Jaguar|
|Games Emulation Bandai Wonderswan|
|Games Emulation BBC Micro and Acorn Electron||BBC Micro Online,||BeebEm, B-Em, Elkulator, ElectrEm,|
|Games Emulation Dragon 32 and Tandy CoCo||Xroar,|
|Games Emulation Commodore C16 Plus4|
|Games Emulation Commodore C64||Vice (ABIv0 only), C64 Online,||Frodo,||viceplus,||Vice,|
|Games Emulation Commodore Amiga||Janus UAE, Emumiga,||n/a||UAE,||UAE,|
|Games Emulation Japanese MSX MSX2||JS based MSX Online,|
|Games Emulation Mattel Intelivision|
|Games Emulation Mattel Colecovision and Adam|
|Games Emulation Milton Bradley (MB) Vectrex||JS based Vectrex Online,|
|Games Emulation Nintendo Gameboy||vba no sound, JS based Gameboy Online,||vba|
|Games Emulation Nintendo NES||EmiNES, Nes Online, Fceu, vNes Online,||AmiNES, darcNES,||amines|
|Games Emulation Nintendo SNES||Zsnes,||?||warpsnes||Snes9x,|
|Games Emulation Nintendo N64||Mupen64+,||Mupen64+,||?||?|
|Games Emulation NEC PC Engine||?||Hugo, Mednafen,||tgemu|
|Games Emulation Sega Master System (SMS)||Dega, sms,||osmose|
|Games Emulation Sega Genesis/Megadrive||gp no sound, DGen,||Genplus,||genesisplus|
|Games Emulation Sega Saturn||?||Yabause,|
|Games Emulation Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81||?||?|
|Games Emulation Sinclair Spectrum||Fuse (crackly sound), SimCoupe, FBZX slow, Speccy Online,||Asp, Speculator, X128,|||
|Games Emulation Sinclair QL||?||QDOS4amiga|
|Games Emulation SNK NeoGeo Pocket||gngeo, NeoPop,|
|Games Emulation Sony PlayStation||FPSE,||FPSE|
|Games Emulation Tangerine Oric and Atmos||Oricutron||Oricutron||Oricutron|
|Games Emulation TI 99/4 99/4A||?||TI4Amiga|
|Games Emulation HP 38G 40GS 48 49G/50G] Graphing Calculators|
|Games Emulation TI 58 83 84 86 - 89 92 Graphing Calculators|
|MB Milton Bradley Vextrex||Vectrex OpenGL,|
If any games rely on SDL then the following should entered in the shell before CLI based starting of game or far better using ToolTypes.
|Education||AROS(x86)||Amiga OS3 (68k)||AmigaOS4(PPC)||MorphOS(PPC)|
|Mathematics (Xcas, etc),||mathX||Maple V, mathX, Fun School, GCSE Maths, [ ], [ ], [ ],||Yacas||Yacas|
* Commercial product.
Various Application Guides
Fab's Odyssey OWB
Slow internet experience can be improved by deleting cookies.db
Even simpler, add ezdownload.js to the scripts list just like youtube.js next. To use Youtube, OWB Settings->Scripts add youtube.js and then each Youtube play website will show a series of numbers. First set are for download, next with Flash and finally without Flash. It should highlight which are which.
The higher the number the better the quality and size. Numbers seem to go in order from a series of flv files, to a series of vp8 and finally h264 files. Google likes breaking Youtube support often and new .js scripts sometimes appear.
If you have 1gb of memory or more, copy the browser directory to ram and run the browser environment there - saves hard disk wear and tear Create User-Startup text file or add the following to this file in SYSːs drawer... i.e. creating a script
stack 100000 ; using AspireOS 1.xx ; copy FROM SYS:Extras/Networking/Odyssey_Web_Browser/ TO RAM:OWB ALL CLONE > Nil: ; using Icaros Desktop 1.x (line below may need further editing by removing the ; below) ; copy FROM SYS:Tools/Odyssey_Web_Browser/ TO RAM:OWB ALL CLONE > Nil: ; using IcarosDesktop 2.0 ; copy FROM SYS:Utilities/OWB/ TO RAM:OWB ALL CLONE > Nil: cd RAM:OWB run OWB > Nil:
AROS Orygyn OWB
Use of on-line e-mail accounts with AROS based email clients limited by lack of OpenSSL AmiSSl v3 compatible library
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com Use SSL: Yes Port: 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication) Use Authentication: Yes Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL) Port: 465 or 587
Account Name: your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com') Email Address: your full Gmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) Password: your Gmail password
Anyway, the SMTP is pop.gmail.com port 465 and it uses SSLLv3 Authentication. The POP3 settings are for the same server (pop.gmail.com), only on port 995 instead.
Outlook.com SMTP server address: smtp.live.com Outlook.com SMTP user name: Your full Outlook.com email address (not an alias) Outlook.com SMTP password: Your Outlook.com password Outlook.com SMTP port: 587 Outlook.com SMTP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes
“POP3 Server” – Set the POP server for incoming mails as pop.mail.yahoo.com. You will have to enable “SSL” and use 995 for Port. “SMTP Server” – Set the SMTP server for outgoing mails as smtp.mail.yahoo.com. You will also have to make sure that “SSL” is enabled and use 465 for port. you must also enable “authentication” for this to work. “Account Name or Login Name” – Your Yahoo Mail ID i.e. your email address without the domain “@yahoo.com”. “Email Address” – Your Yahoo Mail address i.e. your email address including the domain “@yahoo.com”. E.g. email@example.com “Password” – Your Yahoo Mail password.
Yahoo! Mail Plus users may have to set POP server as plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com and SMTP server as plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
Note that you need to enable “Web & POP Access” in your Yahoo Mail account to send and receive Yahoo Mail messages through any other email program.
You will have to enable “Allow your Yahoo Mail to be POPed” under “POP and Forwarding”, to send and receive Yahoo mails through any other email client.
Cannot be done since 2002 unless the customer pays Yahoo a monthly fee to have access to SMTP and POP3
Microsoft Outlook Express Mail
1. Get the files to your PC. By whatever method get the files off your Amiga onto your PC. In the YAM folder you have a number of different folders, one for each of your folders in YAM. Inside that is a file usually some numbers such as 332423.283. YAM created a new file for every single email you received.
2. Open up a brand new Outlook Express. Just configure the account to use 127.0.0.1 as mail servers. It doesnt really matter. You will need to manually create any subfolders you used in YAM.
3. You will need to do a mass rename on all your email files from YAM. Just add a .eml to the end of it. Amazing how PCs still rely mostly on the file name so it knows what sort of file it is rather than just looking at it! There are a number of multiple renamers online to download and free too.
4. Go into each of your folders, inbox, sent items etc. And do a select all then drag the files into Outlook Express (to the relevent folder obviously) Amazingly the file format that YAM used is very compatible with .eml standard and viola your emails appear. With correct dates and working attachments.
5. If you want your email into Microsoft Outlook. Open that up and create a new profile and a new blank PST file. Then go into File Import and choose to import from Outlook Express. And the mail will go into there. And viola.. you have your old email from your Amiga in a more modern day format.
SimpleMail email client
Use of on-line e-mail accounts with AROS based email clients limited by lack of OpenSSL AmiSSL v3 compatible library
If you use TTF fonts and have installed the MSFonts (Arial etc.) the trouble is that SimpleHTML will use those TTF fonts and the HTML mail will ask for them in such a size that it is unreadable on the amiga (OS4 will probably have better luck), the solution would be to have simplehtml not allow sizes under a certain size or update the SimpleHTML to handle fully
for instance this Retrieve email using your device
is getting translated to a unreadable Verdana font in size 9 if you have the MS Fonts installed, SimpleHTML does not support negative sizes in the SimpleHTML.config file (in any logical way at least).
this is how my SimpleHTML.config looks like
H1=TimesNewRomanPS/40 H2=TimesNewRomanPS/36 H3=TimesNewRomanPS/32 H4=TimesNewRomanPS/28 H5=TimesNewRomanPS/24 H6=TimesNewRomanPS/20 H7=TimesNewRomanPS/20 NORMAL-3=Arial/20 BORMAL-2=Arial/20 NORMAL-1=Arial/20 NORMAL1=Arial/20 NORMAL2=Arial/24 NORMAL3=Arial/28 NORMAL4=Arial/32 NORMAL5=Arial/36 NORMAL6=Arial/40 NORMAL7=Arial/48 FIXED1=Courier/20 FIXED2=Courier/24 FIXED3=Courier/28 FIXED4=Courier/32 FIXED5=Courier/36 FIXED6=Courier/40 FIXED7=Courier/48 ARIAL1=Arial/20 ARIAL2=Arial/24 ARIAL3=Arial/28 ARIAL4=Arial/32 ARIAL5=Arial/36 ARIAL6=Arial/40 ARIAL7=Arial/48 TAHOMA1=Tahoma/20 TAHOMA2=Tahoma/24 TAHOMA3=Tahoma/28 TAHOMA4=Tahoma/32 TAHOMA5=Tahoma/36 TAHOMA6=Tahoma/40 TAHOMA7=Tahoma/48 VERDANA-3=Verdana/20 VERDANA-2=Verdana/20 <- this has no effect whatsoever VERDANA-1=Verdana/20 VERDANA1=Verdana/20 VERDANA2=Verdana/24 VERDANA3=Verdana/28 VERDANA4=Verdana/32 VERDANA5=Verdana/36 VERDANA6=Verdana/40 VERDANA7=Verdana/48 SANS-SERIF1=Arial/20 SANS-SERIF2=Arial/24 SANS-SERIF3=Arial/28 SANS-SERIF4=Arial/32 SANS-SERIF5=Arial/36 SANS-SERIF6=Arial/40 SANS-SERIF7=Arial/48 SERIF1=TimesNewRomanPS/20 SERIF2=TimesNewRomanPS/24 SERIF3=TimesNewRomanPS/28 SERIF4=TimesNewRomanPS/32 SERIF5=TimesNewRomanPS/36 SERIF6=TimesNewRomanPS/40 SERIF7=TimesNewRomanPS/48
gmail pop/smtp config:
Be sure to activate the pop3 in your gmail account. pop3: pop.gmail.com Use SSL: Yes Port: 995
smtp: smtp.gmail.com (with authentication) Use Authentication: Yes Use SSL: Yes Port: 465 or 587
Be sure that you change the pop3 and the smpt tcp ports! I don't know if YAM or simplemail can be configured like this.
If you dont need encryption then it works fine afaik. If you want to use encryption, it needs ssl. So to keep it simple, yes if you want to use secure sockets (ssl) than it is useless for you (atm).
“POP3 Server” – Set the POP server for incoming mails as pop.mail.yahoo.com. You will have to enable “SSL” and use 995 for Port. “SMTP Server” – Set the SMTP server for outgoing mails as smtp.mail.yahoo.com. You will also have to make sure that “SSL” is enabled and use 465 for port. you must also enable “authentication” for this to work. “Account Name or Login Name” – Your Yahoo Mail ID i.e. your email address without the domain “@yahoo.com”. “Email Address” – Your Yahoo Mail address i.e. your email address including the domain “@yahoo.com”. E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org “Password” – Your Yahoo Mail password. Yahoo! Mail Plus users may have to set POP server as plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com and SMTP server as plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
Note that you need to enable “Web & POP Access” in your Yahoo Mail account to send and receive Yahoo Mail messages through any other email program.
You will have to enable “Allow your Yahoo Mail to be POPed” under “POP and Forwarding”, to send and receive Yahoo mails through any other email client.
Cannot be done since 2002 unless the customer pays Yahoo a subscription subs fee to have access to SMTP and POP3
Instant Messaging IM
IRC Internet Relay Chat
Just type a message in lowercase' letters and it will be posted to all in the AROS channel. Please do not use UPPER CASE as it is a sign of SHOUTING which is annoying.
Other things to type in - replace <message> with a line of text and <nick> with a person's name
/help /list /who /whois <nick> /msg <nick> <message> /query <nick> <message>s /query /away <message> /away /quit <going away message>
Issue the command /me <text> where <text> is the text that should follow your nickname. Example: /me slaps ajk around a bit with a large trout
/nickserv register <password> <email address>
/ns instead of /nickserv, while others might need /msg nickserv
/nickserv identify <password>
Alternatives: /ns identify <password> /msg nickserv identify <password>
Get stack error message - set stack to 1000000
Once you configure the client with your preferred screen name, you'll want to find a channel to talk in.
freenode aros morphos
the AmigaWorld IRC server, specifically the #amigaworld and #amigans channels. You can find more information at chat.amigaworld.net.
- Amiga.org - irc.synirc.net eu.synirc.net dissonance.nl.eu.synirc.net (IPv6: 2002:5511:1356:0:216:17ff:fe84:68a)
twilight.de.eu.synirc.net zero.dk.eu.synirc.net us.synirc.net avarice.az.us.synirc.net envy.il.us.synirc.net harpy.mi.us.synirc.net liberty.nj.us.synirc.net snowball.mo.us.synirc.net - Ports 6660-6669 7001 (SSL)
But on Sunday evenings the only place to be is the Asha Memorial Chat. To join just point your IRC client to irc.superhosts.net on Sunday evenings, usually starting around 3PM EDT (1900 UTC). Enter channel #team*amiga and you're done. Recently the channel has started hosting regular Q&A sessions.
BitlBee and Minbif are IRCd-like gateways to multiple IM networks (new server being im.bitlbee.org im.bitlbee.org:6667 ) working with WookieChat. Seems to be most useful on WookieChat as you can be connected to several servers at once. One for Bitlbee and any messages that might come through that. One for your normal IRC chat server.
Double click on Aircos icon in Extras:Networking/Apps/Aircos. It has been set up with a guest account for trial purposes. Though ideally, choose a nickname and password for frequent use of irc.
Jabberwocky is ideal for one-to-one social media communication, use IRC if you require one to many. You sign up to a server that someone else has setup and access chat services through them. Servers are setup and close down at random so see the below lists for current servers.
The two ways to access chat from jabberwocky
Jabberwocky -> Server -> XMPP -> open and ad-free Jabberwocky -> Server -> Transports (Gateways) -> Proprietary closed systems
The Jabber.org service connects with all IM services that use XMPP, the open standard for instant messaging and presence over the Internet. The services we connect with include Google Talk (closed), Live Journal Talk, Nimbuzz, Ovi, and thousands more. However, you can not connect from Jabber.org to proprietary services like AIM, ICQ, MSN, Skype, or Yahoo because they don’t yet use XMPP components (XEP-0114) but you can use Jabber.com's servers and IM gateways (MSN, ICQ, Yahoo etc) instead.
The best way to use jabberwocky is in conjunction with a public jabber server with transports to your favorite services, like gtalk, facebook, yahoo, ICQ, AIM, etc.
Unfortunately jabberwocky can only connect to one server at a time so it is best to check what services each server offers, see above lists. If you set it up with separate facebook and google talk accounts, for example, sometimes you'll only get one or the other.
Jabberwocky open a window where the Jabber server part is typed in as well as your Nickname and Password.
Jabber ID (JID) identifies you to the server and other users.
Once registered the next step is to goto Jabberwocky's "Windows" menu and select the "Agents" option. The "Agents List" window will open.
Roster (contacts list)
Chatrooms (MUC) are available
File Transfer - can send and receive files through the Jabber service but not with other services like IRC, ICQ, AIM or Yahoo. All you need is an installed webbrowser and OpenURL.
Clickable URLs - The message window uses Mailtext.mcc and you can set a URL action in the MUI mailtext prefs like SYS:Utils/OpenURL %s NEWWIN.
There is no consistent Skype like (H.323 VoIP) video conferencing available over Jabber. The move from xmpp to Jingle should help but no support on any amiga-like systems at the moment. AmiPhone and Speak Freely was an early attempt voice only contact. SIP and Asterisk are other PBX options.
If you're using the XMPP transport provided by facebook themselves, chat.facebook.com, it looks like they're now requiring SSL transport. This means jabberwocky method below will no longer work. The best thing to do is to create an ID on a public jabber server which has a facebook gateway.
1. launch jabberwocky 2. if the login window doesn't appear on launch, select 'account' from the jabberwocky menu 3. your jabber ID will be email@example.com where user is your user ID 4. your password is your normal facebook password 5. to save this for next time, click the popup gadget next to the ID field 6. click the 'add' button 7. click the 'close' button 8. click the 'connect' button
you're done. you can also click the 'save as default account' button if you want. jabberwocky configured to auto-connect when launching the program, but you can configure as you like. there is amigaguide documentation included with jabberwocky.
for facebook users, you can log-in directly to facebook with jabberwocky. just sign in as @chat.facebook.com with your facebook password as the password
For a few years, there has been added a twitter transport. Servers include jabber.hot-chili.net, and .
- Read more
no support at the moment best to use a web browser based client
The new version (beta) of StriCQ uses a newer ICQ protocol. Most of the ICQ Jabber Transports still use an older ICQ protocol. You can only talk one-way to StriCQ using the older Transports. Only the newer ICQv7 Transport lets you talk both ways to StriCQ. Look at the server lists in the first section to check.
Register on a Jabber server, e.g. this one works: http://www.jabber.de/ Then login into Jabberwocky with the following login data e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org / Password: xxx Now add your ICQ account under the window->Agents->"Register". Now Jabberwocky connects via the Jabber.de server with your ICQ account.
although yahoo! does not use xmpp protocol, you should be able to use the transport methods to gain access and post your replies
early months of 2013 Microsoft will ditch MSN Messenger client and force everyone to use Skype... but MSN protocol and servers will keep working as usual for quite a long time....
Occasionally the Messenger servers have been experiencing problems signing in. You may need to sign in at www.outlook.com and then try again. It may also take multiple tries to sign in. (This also affects you if you’re using Skype.)
You have to check each servers' Agents List to see what transports (MSN protocol, ICQ protocol, etc) are supported or use the list address' provided in the section above. Then register with each transport (IRC, MSN, ICQ, etc) to which you need access. After registering you can Connect to start chatting.
msn.jabber.com/registered should appear in the window.
From this JW group guide which helps with this process in a clear, step by step procedure.
1. Sign up on MSN's site for a passport account. This typically involves getting a Hotmail address.
2. Log on to the Jabber server of your choice and do the following:
- Select the "Windows/Agents" menu option in Jabberwocky.
- Select the MSN Agent from the list presented by the server.
- Click the Register button to open a new window asking for:
- Username = passort account email address, typically your hotmail address.
- Nick = Screen name to be shown to anyone you add to your buddy list.
- Password = Password for your passport account/hotmail address.
- Click the Register button at the bottom of the new window.
3. If all goes well, you will see the MSN Gateway added to your buddy list. If not, repeat part 2 on another server. Some servers may show MSN in their list of available agents, but have not updated their software for the latest protocols used by MSN.
4. Once you are registered, you can now add people to your buddy list. Note that you need to include the msn. ahead of the servername so that it knows what gateway agent to use. Some servers may use a slight variation and require msg.gate. before the server name, so try both to see what works.
If my friend's msn was email@example.com and my jabber server was @jabber.meta.net.nz.. then firstname.lastname@example.org
or another the trick to import MSN contacts is that you don't type the hotmail URL but the passport URL... eg. Instead of: email@example.com You type: firstname.lastname@example.org And the thing about importing contacts I'm afraid you'll have to do it by hand, one at the time...
any XMPP server will work, but you have to add your contacts manually. a google talk user is typically either @gmail.com or @talk.google.com. a true gtalk transport is nice because it brings your contacts to you and (can) also support file transfers to/from google talk users.
implement Jingle a set of extensions to the IETF's Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
support ended early 2014 as Google moved to Google+ Hangouts which uses it own proprietary format
Many of the menu features (such as doubling) do not work with the current version of mplayer but using
mplayer -vf scale=800:600 file.avi
mplayer -vf scale=854:480 file.avi
if you want gui use;
mplayer -gui 1 <other params> file.avi
stack 1000000 ; using AspireOS 1.xx ; copy FROM SYS:Extras/Multimedia/MPlayer/ TO RAM:MPlayer ALL CLONE > Nil: ; using Icaros Desktop (may need further editing to where MPlayer is kept and the starting ;) ; copy FROM SYS:Tools/MPlayer/ TO RAM:MPlayer ALL CLONE > Nil: cd RAM:MPlayer run MPlayer -gui > Nil: ;run MPlayer -gui -ao ahi_dev -playlist http://www.radio-paralax.de/listen.pls > Nil:
On-line Internet Audio Radio Stations
MPlayer - Menu - Open Playlist and load already downloaded .pls or .m3u file - auto starts around 4 percent cache
MPlayer - Menu - Open Stream and copy one of the .pls lines below into space allowed, press OK and press play button on main gui interface
Old 8bit 16bit remixes chip tune game music
Change the Mime-Types in Odyssey (Settings -> Preferences -> Mime Types)
check if you have "MIME Types -> video/flv" set as:
Extension: flv Viewer: [your path to MPlayer here] -cache 8192 %l
And the same for the other video filetypes.
Also, on OWN's Settings Content tab, check "Allow plugins".
If it still doesn't work, you can try to delete your OWB prefs/settings and start from scratch.
install (uncompress) the timidity.tar.gz (14MB) into a suitable drawer like below's SYS:Extras/Audio/
assign timidity: SYS:Extras/Audio/timidity
added to SYSːs/User-Startup
backup dvds (4GB ISO size limit due to use of FileInfoBlock), create audio cds from mp3's, and put .iso files on discs
If using for the first time - click Drive button and Device set to ata.device and unit to 0 (zero)
Click Tracks Button - Drive 1 - Create New Disc or Import Existing Disc Image (iso bin/cue etc) - Session File open cue file
If you're making a data cd, with files and drawers from your hard drive, you should be using the ISO Builder.. which is the MUI page on the left. ("Data/Audio Tracks" is on the right).
You should use the "Data/Audio tracks" page if you want to create music cds with AIFF/WAV/MP3 files, or if you download an .iso file, and you want to put it on a cd.
Click WRITE Button - set write speed - click on long Write button
Easiest way would be to burn a DATA CD, simply go to "Tracks" page "ISO Builder" and "ADD" everything you need to burn.
On the "Write" page i have "Masterize Disc (DAO)", "Close Disc" and "Eject after Write" set.
One must not "Blank disc before write" if one uses a CDR
AUDIO CD from MP3's are as easy but tricky to deal with. FP only understands one MP3 format, Layer II, everything else will just create empty tracks
Burning bootable CD's works only with .iso files. Go to "Tracks" page and "Data/Audio Tracks" and add the .iso
Audio Evolution 4
The number of tracks per project(s) is unlimited .... AHI limits you to recording only two at a time. ie not on 8 track sound cards like the Juli@ or Phase 88.
Most apps use the Music Unit only but a few apps also use Unit (0-3) instead or as well.
- Set up AHI prefs so that microphone is available. (Input option near the bottom)
stereo++ allows the audio piece to be placed anywhere and the left-right adjusted to sound positionally right
hifi best for music playback if driver supports this option
Advanced settings - Debugging via serial port
- Options -> Soundcard In/Out
- Options -> SampleRate
- Options -> Preferences
F6 for Sample File List
These are the usual features found in DAWs...
- Recording digital audio, midi sequencer and mixer
- virtual VST instruments and plug-ins
- automation, group channels, MIDI channels, FX sends and returns, audio and MIDI editors and music notation editor
- different track views
- mixer and track layout (but not the same as below)
- traditional two windows (track and mixer)
creating a synthesizer or effect from various "primitive" elements and then using the result in a manner little different than one uses any synthesizer or effect
- during the first your role is that of the instrument creator
- during the second your role is that of the instrument player
"patches" to "generate" sound, and/or to process sound. You can combine previously created processing or generator elements to create new processing or generating elements but the results are still distinctly processing or generating
assemble a personal collection of sound objects
written road maps relating patchbay points, outboard gear, and audio interface I/O
Mixing - mixdown
Effects - fade in
Signal Processing -
Pagestream 3.2 3.3
Assign PageStream: "Work:PageStream3" Assign SoftLogik: "PageStream:SoftLogik" Assign Fonts: "PageStream:SoftLogik/Fonts" ADD
Normally Pagestream Fonts are installed in directory Pagestream3:Fonts/. Next step is to mark the right fonts-path in Pagestream's Systemprefs (don't confuse softlogik.font - this is only a screen-systemfont). Installed them all in a NEW Pagestream/Fonts drawer - every font-family in its own separate directory and marked them in PageStream3/Systemprefs for each family entry. e.g. Project > System Preferences >Fonts. You simply enter the path where the fonts are located into the Default Drawer string. e.g System:PageStream/Fonts Then you click on Add and add a drawer. Then you hit Update. Then you hit Save. The new font(s) are available.
If everything went ok font "triumvirate-normal" should be chosen automatically when typing text. Kerning and leading
Normally, only use postscript fonts (Adobe Type 1 - both metric file .afm or .pfm variant and outline file .pfb) because easier to print to postscript printers and these fonts give the best results and printing is fast! Double sided printing.
CYMK pantone matching system color range support
For long documents you would normally prepare the body text beforehand in a text editor because any DTP package is not suited to this activity (ie slow). Cropping pictures are done outside usually.
Wysiwyg Page setup - Page Size - Landscape or Portrait - Full width bottom left corner
Toolbar - Panel General, Palettes, Text Toolbox and View
Master page (size, borders margin,etc) - Styles (columns, alley, gutter between, etc) ie balance the weight of design and contrast with white space(s) - unity
Text via two methods - click box for text block box which you resize or click I resizing text box frame which resizes itself
Centre picture if resizing horizontally - Toolbox - move to next page and return - grid Structured vector clipart images - halftone - scaling
Table of contents, Header and Footer Back Matter like the glossary, appendices, index, endnotes, and bibliography.
Right Mouse click - Line, Fill, Color -
Quick keyboard shortcuts
l - line a - alignment c - colours
Ignition - Amiga Spreadsheet
- Needs ABIv1 to be completed (2012?) before more can be done
File formats supported
- ascii #?.txt and #?.csv (single sheets with data only).
- igs and TurboCalc(WIP) #?.tc for all sheets with data, formats and formulas.
There is no support for xls, xlsx, ods or uos (Uniform Unified Office Format) yet.
- Always use Esc key after editing Spreadsheet cells.
- copy/paste seems to copy the first instance only so go to Edit -> Clipboard to manage the list of remembered actions.
- Right mouse click on row (1 or 2 or 3) or column header (a or b or c) to access optimal height or width of the row or column respectively
- Edit -> Insert -> Row seems to clear the spreadsheet or clears the rows after the inserted row until undo restores as it should be...
Change Sheet name by Object -> Sheet -> Properties
Click in the cell which will contain the result, and click down arrow button to the right of the formula box at the bottom of the spreadsheet and choose the function required from the list provided. Then click on the start cell and click on the bottom right corner, a very small blob, which allows stretching a bounding box (thick grey outlines) across many cells This grey bounding box can be used to copy a formula to other cells.
Object -> Cell -> Properties to change cell format - Currency only covers DM and not $, Euro, Renminbi, Yen or Pound etc. Shift key and arrow keys selects a range of cells, so that formatting can be done to all highlighted cells. View -> Overview then select ALL with one click (in empty cell in the top left hand corner of the sheet).
Default mode is relative cell referencing e.g. a1+a2 but absolute e.g. $a$1+$a$2 can be entered.
- #sheet-name to absolute reference another sheet-name cell unless reference() function used.
use shift key and arrow keys to select a bunch of cells to be graph'ed making sure that x axes represents and y axes represents
- value() - 0 value, 1 percent, 2 date, 3 time, 4 unit ...
- Excel starts a running count from the 1st Jan 1900 and Ignition starts from 1st Jan 1AD (maybe this needs to change)
Set formatting Object -> Cell -> Properties and put date in days
Set formatting Object -> Cell -> Properties and put time in seconds taken
- Database (to be done by someone else)
type - standard, reference (bezug), search criterion (suchkriterium),
- select a bunch of cells and Object -> Database -> Define to set Datenbank (database) and Felder (fields not sure how?)
- Neu (new) or loschen (delete) to add/remove database headings e.g Personal, Start Date, Finish Date (one per row?)
- Object -> Database -> Index to add fields (felder) like Surname, First Name, Employee ID, etc to ?
Filtering done with dbfilter(), dbproduct() and dbposition().
Activities with dbsum(), dbaverage(), dbmin() and dbmax().
Table sorting -
- Scripts (Arexx)
- Excel(TM) to Ignition - commas , replaced by semi-colons ; to separate values within functions
- AVERAGE(), MAX(), MIN(), INT(), PRODUCT(), MEDIAN(), VAR() becomes Variance(), Percentile(),
- IF(), AND, OR, NOT
- LEFT(), RIGHT(), MID() becomes MIDDLE(), LEN() becomes LENGTH(),
- LOWER() becomes LOWERCASE(), UPPER() becomes UPPERCASE(),
- DATE(yyyy,mm,dd) becomes COMPUTEDATE(dd;mm;yyyy),
- TODAY(), DAY(),WEEK(), MONTH(),=YEAR(TODAY()),
- EOMONTH() becomes MONTHLENGTH(),
- NOW() should be date and time becomes time only, SECOND(), MINUTE(), HOUR(),
- DBSUM() becomes DSUM(),
- Missing (not sure what features/functions are needed in ignition for better support of Excel files)
There is no Merge and Join Text over many cells, no protect and/or freeze row or columns or books but can LOCK sheets, no define bunch of cells as a name, Macros (Arexx?), conditional formatting, no Solver, no Goal Seek, no Format Painter, no AutoFill, no AutoSum function button, no pivot tables, (30 argument limit applies to Excel)
- HLOOKUP(), VLOOKUP(), INDEX(), MATCH(), CHOOSE(), TEXT(),
- TRIM(), FIND(), SUBSTITUTE(), CONCATENATE() or &, PROPER(), REPT(),
- SUMPRODUCT(), ROUND(), ROUNDUP(), *ROUNDDOWN(), COUNT(), COUNTA(), SUMIF(), COUNTIF(), COUNTBLANK(), TRUNC(),
- PMT(), PV(), FV(), POWER(), SQRT(), MODE(), TRUE, FALSE,
- MODE(), LARGE(), SMALL(), RANK(), STDEV(),
- DCOUNT(), DCOUNTA(), WEEKDAY(),
- Excel Keyboard shortcuts needed to aid usability in Ignition
Ctrl Z - Undo Ctrl D - Fill Down Ctrl R - Fill right Ctrl F - Find Ctrl H - Replace Ctrl 1 - Formatting of Cells CTRL SHIFT ~ Apply General Formatting ie a number Ctrl ; - Todays Date
Every ODF file is a collection of several subdocuments within a package (ZIP file), each of which stores part of the complete document.
- content.xml – Document content and automatic styles used in the content.
- styles.xml – Styles used in the document content and automatic styles used in the styles themselves.
- meta.xml – Document meta information, such as the author or the time of the last save action.
- settings.xml – Application-specific settings, such as the window size or printer information.
To read document follow these steps:
- Extracting .ods file.
- Getting content.xml file (which contains sheets data).
- Creating XmlDocument object from content.xml file.
- Creating DataSet (that represent Spreadsheet file).
- With XmlDocument select “table:table” elements, and then create adequate DataTables.
- Parse child’s of “table:table” element and fill DataTables with those data.
- At the end, return DataSet and show it in application’s interface.
To write document follow these steps:
- Extracting template.ods file (.ods file that we use as template).
- Getting content.xml file.
- Creating XmlDocument object from content.xml file.
- Erasing all “table:table” elements from the content.xml file.
- Reading data from our DataSet and composing adequate “table:table” elements.
- Adding “table:table” elements to content.xml file.
- Zipping that file as new .ods file.
XLS file format
The XLS file format contains streams, substreams, and records.
These sheet substreams include worksheets, macro sheets, chart sheets, dialog sheets, and VBA module sheets. All the records in an XLS document start with a 2-byte unsigned integer to specify Record Type (rt), and another for Count of Bytes (cb). A record cannot exceed 8224 bytes. If larger then the rest is stored in one or more continue records.
- Workbook stream
- Globals substream
- BoundSheet8 record - info for Worksheet substream i.e. name, location, type, and visibility. (4bytes the lbPlyPos FilePointer, specifies the position in the Workbook stream where the sheet substream starts)
- Worksheet substream (sheet) - Cell Table - Row record - Cells (2byte=row 2byte=column 2byte=XF format)
- Blank cell record
- RK cell record 32-bit number.
- BoolErr cell record (2-byte Bes structure that may be either a Boolean value or an error code)
- Number cell record (64-bit floating-point number)
- LabelSst cell record (4-byte integer that specifies a string in the Shared Strings Table (SST). Specifically, the integer corresponds to the array index in the RGB field of the SST)
- Formula cell record (FormulaValue structure in the 8 bytes that follow the cell structure. The next 6 bytes can be ignored, and the rest of the record is a CellParsedFormula structure that contains the formula itself)
- MulBlank record (first 2 bytes give the row, and the next 2 bytes give the column that the series of blanks starts at. Next, a variable length array of cell structures follows to store formatting information, and the last 2 bytes show what column the series of blanks ends on)
- MulRK record
- Shared String Table (SST) contains all of the string values in the workbook.
- Globals substream
ACCRINT(), ACCRINTM(), AMORDEGRC(), AMORLINC(), COUPDAYBS(), COUPDAYS(), COUPDAYSNC(), COUPNCD(), COUPNUM(), COUPPCD(), CUMIPMT(), CUMPRINC(), DB(), DDB(), DISC(), DOLLARDE(), DOLLARFR(), DURATION(), EFFECT(), FV(), FVSCHEDULE(), INTRATE(), IPMT(), IRR(), ISPMT(), MDURATION(), MIRR(), NOMINAL(), NPER(), NPV(), ODDFPRICE(), ODDFYIELD(), ODDLPRICE(), ODDLYIELD(), PMT(), PPMT(), PRICE(), PRICEDISC(), PRICEMAT(), PV(), RATE(), RECEIVED(), SLN(), SYD(), TBILLEQ(), TBILLPRICE(), TBILLYIELD(), VDB(), XIRR(), XNPV(), YIELD(), YIELDDISC(), YIELDMAT(),
Scanner usually needs to be connected via a usb port and not via a hub or extension lead.
Check in Trident Prefs -> Devices that the USB Scanner is not bound to anything (e.g. Bindings None) If not found then reboot the computer and recheck.
Start Scandal, choose Settings from Menu strip at top of screen and in Scanner Driver choose the ?#.device of the scanner (e.g epson2.device).
The next two boxes - leave empty as they are for morphos SCSI use only
or put ata.device (use the selection option in bigger box below) and Unit as 0 this is needed for gt68xx
- gt68xx - no editing needed in s/gt68xx.conf but needs a firmware file that corresponds to the scanner gt68xx firmwares in sys:s/gt68xx.
- epson2 - Need to edit the file epson2.conf in sys/s that corresponds to the scanner being used
Save the settings but do not press the Use button (aros freezes)
Back to the Picture Scan window and the right-hand sections.
Click on the Information tab and press Connect button and the scanner should now be detected.
Go next to the Scanner tab next to Information Tab should have Color, Black and White, etc and dpi settings now. Selecting an option Color, B/W etc can cause dpi settings corruption (especially if the settings are in one line) so set dpi first. Make sure if Preview is set or not.
In the Scan Tab, press Scan and the scanner will do its duty. Be aware that nothing is saved to disk yet.
In the Save tab, change format JPEG, PNG or IFF DEEP. Tick incremental and base filename if necessary and then click the Save button. The image will now be saved to permanent storage.
The driver ignores a device if it is already bond to another usb class, rejects it from being usable. However, open Trident prefs, select your device and use the right mouse button to open. Select "NONE" to prevent poseidon from touching the device. Now save settings. It should always work now.
AmiFIG (xfig manual)
for drawing simple to intermediate vector graphic images for scientific and technical uses and for illustration purposes for those with talent
- Menu options
- Load - fig format but import(s) SVG
- Save - fig format but export(s) eps, ps, pdf, svg and png
- PAN = Ctrl + Arrow keys
- Deselect all points
There is no selected object until you apply the tool, and the selected object is not highlighted.
- Metrics - to set up page and styles - first window to open on new drawings
- Tools - Drawing Primitives - set Attributes window first before clicking any Tools button(s)
- Shapes - circles, ellipses, arcs, splines, boxes, polygon
- Lines - polylines
- Text "T" button
- Photos - bitmaps
- Compound - Glue, Break, Scale
- POINTs - Move, Add, Remove
- Objects - Move, Copy, Delete, Mirror, Rotate, Paste
use right mouse button to stop extra lines, shapes being formed and the left mouse to select/deselect tools button(s)
- Rotate - moves in 90 degree turns centered on clicked POINT of a polygon or square
- Attributes which provide change(s) to the above primitives
- Line Width
- Line Style
Choose from freehand, charts, figures, magnet, etc
- Library - allows .fig clip-art to be stored
- compound tools to add .fig(s) together
- FIG 3.2 Format as produced by xfig version 3.2.5
Landscape Center Inches Letter 100.00 Single -2 1200 2 4 0 0 50 -1 0 12 0.0000 4 135 1050 1050 2475 This is a test.01
- change the text alignment within the textbox. I can choose left, center, or right aligned by either changing the integer in the second column from 0 (left) to 1 or 2 (center, or right).
- The third integer in the row specifies fontcolor. For instance, 0 is black, but blue is 1 and Green3 is 13.
- The sixth integer in the bottom row specifies fontface. 0 is Times-Roman, but 16 is Helvetica (a MATLAB default).
- The seventh number is fontsize. 12 represents a 12pt fontsize. Changing the fontsize of an item really is as easy as changing that number to 20.
- The next number is the counter-clockwise angle of the text. Notice that I have changed the angle to .7854 (pi/4 rounded to four digits=45 degrees).
- twelfth number is the position according to the standard “x-axis” in Xfig units from the left. Note that 1200 Xfig units is equivalent to once inch.
- thirteenth number is the “y-position” from the top using the same unit convention as before.
- The nested text string is what you entered into the textbox.
- The “01″ present at the end of that line in the .fig file is the closing tag. For instance, a change to \100 appends a @ symbol at the end of the period of that sentence.
- Just to note there are no layers, no 3d functions, no shading, no transparency, no animation
AROS version can be compiled from hurrican svn. Compiled it on the Linux side with AROS cross compilers.
- get Hurrican source from sourceforge
- get SDL_mixer from archives.aros-exec.org (the one in AROS contrib does not have MOD support compiled in)
- cd to "Hurrican/src", adjust Makefile (TARGET=aros, make INCLUDES_OS point to AROS SDL headers and fix
path to libSDL_mixer.a)
- type make. I compiled everything on the Linux side, so
"export PATH=$PATH:<arosdir>/bin/linux-i386/tools/crosstools" first.
- this should create "Hurrican/hurricanaros".
- copy "Hurrican/" over to where AROS can see it. Increase stack before launching it
(try 1000000 - stacksnoop seems to be broken at the moment, so that's just a random guess). Also make sure to have enough RAM in AROS. For AROS hosted try starting AROS with "-m 256".
- cursor keys in game may not work. Try 2/4/6/8 on numkey pad and game prefs to reconfigure.
- On AROS hosted (only place I tested) to use accelerated opengl do "make workbench-libs-hostgl"
and before running the game do "Loadresource sys:storage/libs/mesa.library", or copy the library over the one in sys:libs.
There are still some little gfx, music and other problems in the game.
Command Centre - once built - radar mini map bottom left appears
Icons in bottom right (clockwise from top) - production, research, build, design, intelligence (goals), Bar power bottom middle of screen Power Generator near to Command Oil derricks on oil field (4 per gemerator)
Factory near to power generator
2 Research Facility near Command (one after the other)
Set tanks off to right and scavengers attack
Make another 3 research to end up with 5 (right mouse click to pause)
Design menu - shows items that can be made Click new design centre window and click icon on rhs - choose body on the right Click next 2 icons and rename at strip at the top of the central window
Search out scavengers and cars on route left and up
If discover base - destroy tower(s) first - fences - buildings last (keep distance - not too close)
Artifacts (grey canisters) recovered to advance research Destroy enemy derricks and eventually put your own on there
Research new ability - intelligence option icon - weapon research Research patterns - mk2 - mk3
Build another factory - remove any rookie machine gun cars before building new ones up to 5
Rally point(s) - yellow numbers in circles are moveable
At each new rally point - new factory - scuttle old machine gun units - build new ones Put new oil derrick and connect to factory -
Move west to next scavenger base
Machine guard tower finally becomes available to research
Further missions add more to the map - to the south and east
The most important problems at that time were the so called "Little endian / Big endian". This is the order the data are stored in memory.
BnP is using internal much own 4-Byte IDs, to check which kind of datas are currently processed. Especially in all it's files the IDs are playing a important role. The IDs are stored into the file in the same order they are layed out in the memory.
In a BnP file (no matter which kind) the ID "NAME" (saved as its ANSI-values) is stored on a Big endian system (68k-computer) as "NAME". On a Little endian - system (x86-computer) as "EMAN".
My target at that time was, to make the AROS-BnP compatible to songs, which were stored on a 68k-computer (AMIGA).