Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Ecology quotations
Spirit of Prophecy 
This text is one possibility:
- Through the influence of Jezebel and her impious priests, the people were taught that the idol gods that had been set up were deities, ruling by their mystic power the elements of earth, fire, and water. All the bounties of heaven--the running brooks, the streams of living water, the gentle dew, the showers of rain which refreshed the earth and caused the fields to bring forth abundantly--were ascribed to the favor of Baal and Ashtoreth, instead of to the Giver of every good and perfect gift. The people forgot that the hills and valleys, the streams and fountains, were in the hand of the living God, that He controlled the sun, the clouds of heaven, and all the powers of nature. - Conflict and Courage, page 198
Another excellent text is chapter 2 of Patriarchs and Prophets, which describes how Adam was given dominion over the newly created Earth.
Psalm 8 asserts that God has put man in charge of the Earth:
- You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
- You have put all things under his feet,
- All sheep and oxen—
- Even the beasts of the field,
- The birds of the air,
- And the fish of the sea
- That pass through the paths of the seas. - NKJV
If He has put Man in charge of these things, then Man is responsible for their well-being.