A-level Computing/AQA/Computer Components, The Stored Program Concept and the Internet/Consequences of Uses of Computing
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Legal and Ethical Issues
- Discuss issues of ownership of information and programs, and the protection of data.
- Consider current legal controls which specifically refer to computerised data and programs, and the implications of current legislation (see the Resource Bank).
- Consider how digital rights can be managed.
- Code of Conduct.
Economic and Social Issues Discuss the social consequences of current uses of computing.
Be aware of emerging technologies and appreciate their potential impact on society.
- What are machines good and bad at, in comparison to humans?
- What can this tell us about the way that the human mind works?
- What can we learn from machines?
- What are the limitations of using machines as tools?